Program Specialist - Group Travel Sales
About the Company:
Rustic Pathways is a student travel organization offering the world's finest experiential education, community service, and adventure programs. Students from more than 35 countries trust Rustic Pathways to deliver life-altering, deeply personal programs at scale. Our experiences range from homestays in Fiji to zip-lining through the rainforest canopies of Costa Rica, from building schools in rural Tanzanian villages to scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef.
At Rustic Pathways, we empower students to positively impact lives and communities around the world.
What’s the Job?
Grow revenue and customer base by selling Rustic Pathways programs to schools, parents, and student groups. This may include new leads you prospect yourself, assigned qualified leads, or repeat clients. By understanding the “why” behind each lead, you will serve as a guide to your client in selecting their perfect program, then leverage your sales skills to progress and close the deal. Your superpower is relentless positivity (not only can you make anything “sound” good – you actually see real good everywhere you look) and an infectious nature that sweeps people up and carries them along. We just can’t say no!
What will I be doing?
- Generate leads: through calls, emails, visits, networking, referrals, etc.
- Progress deals with new and repeat clients through your sales pipeline: discover your client’s unique needs and interests; give program recommendations and customization guidance; deliver a clear value proposition; negotiate pricing
- Recruit: support school administrators and teachers to generate interest among their community’s families, and enroll students on their programs
- Lead virtual and on-site product demonstrations for clients
- Build productive, trust-based relationships with school administrators, teachers, parents and students
- Be the leader among competitors for your customer base. Know the trends in education & travel among your target communities; leverage this knowledge for growth and improvement
- Collaborate with team members to ensure an excellent, unified client experience
- Have a lightning fast response time. The early bird really does catch the worm!
- Consistently meet and exceed sales targets, driving unit and revenue growth
Is this the right fit for me?
If the following sounds like you, then you’re in the right place. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of sales experience with demonstrated performance against your sales targets
- 2+ years of experience in an education environment (e.g., teacher, international student advisor, university recruiter, etc.) preferred
- Personal experience in student travel as student or leader (or similar cross-cultural experience) a plus
- Knowledgeable and networked among schools in your sales territory preferred.
- Appreciation for diversity. Understands the value experiential education and travel brings to building informed global citizens who do (and will) positively impact lives and communities around the world.
- Eager to learn from colleagues, a team player with a competitive edge
- Self-motivated, with a high degree of persistence, working grit, and determination.
- Can independently set daily work priorities and schedules to align with company goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills - especially virtually. Ability to build rapport with school administration, connect with students, convey excitement, and generate energy in your audience, even if you’re not there in person.
- Clear, concise, and warm written and oral communication
- Interested in a fast-paced, rapidly developing role with opportunity for growth and ownership
- Proficient with Google Suite, and able to rapidly learn and leverage software to meet business expectations. Experience with Salesforce or Hubspot a plus, but not required.
- Professional working proficiency in English. Additional languages (especially Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, or French) are a plus
- Eligibility to work legally in the US
We are a well-loved team with great benefits. If there is something that matters a lot to you that’s not on this list, please send us a note :)
- Competitive compensation in a fast-growing company
- 401k & match up to 2%
- Peace of mind with life insurance assurance, as well as comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- A generous vacation policy and lots of holidays so you can take time off when you need it
The pay range for this position is $22.00 - $28.00 per hour depending on experience, plus commission.
Location & Travel
- This is a remote “desk job” position. Your work schedule will align with school hours in your assigned client base. From time to time you may be asked to log non-traditional business hours to accommodate international time zones.
- Up to two months of domestic and or international travel annually to visit customers, trail programs, conduct sales presentations, familiarize with products, and attend company training is required.
Rustic Pathways is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons and maintaining a work environment that is free of harassment and discriminatory conduct. All employment decisions at Rustic Pathways are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Rustic Pathways takes all allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation very seriously and will promptly conduct an investigation when warranted.
Each employee of Rustic Pathways is employed “at will,” which means either the Company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any or no reason, with or without advanced notice. No individual or representative of the Rustic Pathways can change this at-will relationship absent a specific, written contract signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer or designee.