Digital Marketing & Website Coordinator
Digital Marketing & Website Coordinator
About the Company
Rustic Pathways is a student travel organization offering the world's finest experiential education, community service, and adventure programs. Our experiences range from homestays in Fiji to zip-lining through the rainforest canopies of Costa Rica, from building schools in rural Tanzanian villages to scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef. We empower students through innovative and responsible travel experiences to positively impact lives and communities around the world.
About the Role
The Digital Marketing & Website Coordinator is responsible for key components of marketing and communications at Rustic Pathways that directly drive sales and support our client experience. You are responsible for managing a department-wide email calendar. You also write, build, test, and deploy mass email and automated workflows, always looking for ways to increase audience engagement and improve overall channel performance. Using data and critical analysis to ground your thinking, the Digital Marketing & Website Coordinator works directly with the Marketing Manager to concept creative, on-brand ideas across email channels.
You manage all content and functionality across our websites, ensuring product and other company information is always accurate and up to date. You also collaborate across the marketing team, other departments and partners to ensure all deadlines, information needs and expectations are met. A lover of data, you continually review various aspects of campaign performance (including email, forms, website use) and make improvements to increase sales and client experience.
The ideal candidate is flexible and thrives in a fast-paced environment that works across international time zones and cultures. Our office is casual, but we take our work seriously. You will be successful in this role if you are extremely detail-oriented and complete tasks quickly and efficiently. You must also be both an independent worker as well as a strong contributor to team brainstorms; this is a collaborative, feedback-driven team environment that values proactiveness.
Strong communication skills, an eye for design, a love for data, and a passion for experiential education and international travel are a must!
Email Marketing Responsibilities
- Manage and execute an email marketing calendar for Rustic Pathways Marketing & Client Services teams.
- Lead email creation and build for marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Build and test mass emails to improve performance.
- Proactively source, follow-up on and research information from other teams, primary and secondary sources to keep communication on schedule.
- Mine existing client interactions (phone calls, tickets, interviews) to find ways to proactively improve email and website content by anticipating client needs.
- Partner with the Marketing Manager to identify appropriate transactional emails; execute transactional email builds, report on performance, and make appropriate adjustments.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to find ways to improve email marketing automation throughout the buyer’s journey.
- Coordinate with the Client Service Manager and Admissions Manager to maintain and improve marketing email communication with clients and prospective clients.
- Coordinate with designers for email graphic requests and other digital asset needs.
- A/B test on various email campaigns to establish the most effective messaging approach.
- Report on mass email performance and make recommendations for subject line, body copy, graphic, etc. improvements.
- Build capacity to assist with marketing technology. Responsibilities may include some HTML/CSS coding, Salesforce and Hubspot functionality, and other API integrations.
Website Operations Support
- Coordinate across company departments and country teams to ensure program itineraries, packing lists, and other important information are up to date.
- Support website design and development. Gather requirements, involve stakeholders and ensure projects are being completed on time.
- Work with website designers to improve site navigation and user experience.
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing team to develop and create innovative ways to share and promote content on our website through our blog and specific landing pages, especially during sales promotions and other marketing campaigns.
- Work to build a rich experience across all pages and programs on the website, with compelling use of media, text, and calls to action.
- Partner with the Marketing Manager to define the Rustic Experience pre-, during-, and post-travel. Your goal is to engage clients at every step of their journey and turn them into powerful word-of-mouth/referral agents for the company.
- Develop innovative ways to powerfully leverage alumni stories to increase brand awareness and word of mouth sales
- Use Google Analytics and other data tools to report website and visitor stats.
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events.
- Build and maintain landing pages.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to report on and improve landing page performance.
- Years of Experience: 1-3 years of experience working in communications, marketing, or editorial industry.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, or related field OR a combination of education and work experience.
- This is intended as a full-time remote, work from home position with flexibility depending on time-zone and desired location.
Compensation & Benefits
The hourly rate for this position is between $18 to $20 per hour.
Rustic Pathways offers a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision, along with paid holiday, paid time off (PTO), and 401(k) with a company match.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and analysis.
- Strong strategic agility; you see the larger vision of a program, and make strategic decisions to get there, utilizing resources efficiently and executing accordingly.
- Excellent project management skills; you know how to take a list of ideas and turn it into an actionable plan, and you are an expert at coordinating across team members to manage against that plan.
- Excellent verbal communicator with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Always looking at what the competition is doing, trends in the industry, and finding ways to innovate at Rustic Pathways
- Analytical, organized, and good with logistics.
- Experience working in a high pressure, high demand, and fast-paced growth environment.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, get-it-done attitude.
- Strong attention to detail in grammar, spelling, and copy-editing
- Comfortable giving and receiving constructive edits and feedback.
- Prior experience in program operations at Rustic Pathways or other educational travel organizations strongly preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce or Hubspot preferred
- Experience with Wordpress or other CMS preferred
Rustic Pathways is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons and maintaining a work environment that is free of harassment and discriminatory conduct. All employment decisions at Rustic Pathways are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Rustic Pathways takes all allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation very seriously and will promptly conduct an investigation when warranted.
Each employee of Rustic Pathways is employed “at will,” which means either the Company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any or no reason, with or without advanced notice. No individual or representative of the Rustic Pathways can change this at-will relationship absent a specific, written contract signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer or designee.