Program Delivery Manager
About the Company
Rustic Pathways is a student travel organization offering the world's finest experiential education, community service, foreign language, and adventure programs. Our experiences range from kava ceremonies in Fiji to rainforest canopies of Costa Rica, from rural Tanzanian villages to the Great Barrier Reef, and many places in between. We provide superior quality travel and service in some of the most welcoming countries for students around the world. Rustic Pathways demands professionalism and integrity across all of our operations, insists on quality in all aspects of our programs, and places a strong emphasis on the safety and well-being of our students and staff. We empower students through innovative and responsible travel experiences to positively impact lives and communities around the world.
Hello, hello higher education professional! I’ll bet you are looking to use your expertise and expand your skill base, aren’t you? I’m sure you want to thrive in a high-energy, innovative environment, am I right? Don’t you want to be part of a collaborative team? Are you committed to providing students with the highest-level learning through doing experience?
If the answer to those questions is YES!, consider the Manager, Program Delivery role. You will be a member of a small team that plans and leads brilliant programs throughout the year.
Along with your besties on the Program Delivery team, you are going to make the magic happen:
- Identify the staffing and material needed. Then, align resources to make those wishes come true
- Manage reservations and setups for our programs
- Develop and build out the “master plan” for organizational planning.
- Manage lots of workflows
- With Leadership, work with our partners on the ground on delivery changes
- Maintain lists of students. Tracks changes when they pop up. Communicate with everyone upwards, downwards, leftwards, and rightwards
- Manage staff and volunteers. Track hours and all that good stuff
- Drive program performance against budget and student satisfaction goals
- Assess needs and develop plans for recruiting the support team
- Develop and deliver support team training sessions
- Schedule and supervise people during the program
- Maintain delivery docs. Work with the Program Delivery team to keep materials organized, updated, and available
- Act as the onsite manager for a portfolio of perfect programs. Be in charge without being the grand poobah
- Chat with clients, students, and parents as events merit
- Relay updates to the team back at the mothership
- Support delivery of all programs, whether yours or not. Sometimes you'll be Harry Potter. Sometimes you'll be Hermione Granger. Other times you'll be Percy (yes, Percy) Weasley.
- Responsible for other items as business needs arise. And they do like to arise, huh?
- Whew! That was a lot! Are you still in?
- High attention to detailz. Typoz drives you crazy!
- A deep, unyielding desire to deliver for clients. You might need to be a little off for this to be a great role for you.
- BA/BS required
- 5+ years of related administrative experience required
- Demonstrated history of high-quality delivery
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment working on various projects at the same time
- Ability to travel to meet client needs/timing
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to move tasks forward
- Good judgment, communication, and diplomacy.
- High ability to work in directed and self-directed environments
- Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, with outstanding skills in Excel.
- A knack for learning fast. Are you a smartie?
- Excellent communication skills
Who you are:
- You have experience in event-planning
- You have experience in program management
- You are very skilled at managing many projects even as needs change
- You are client-centric
- You love student growth. Were you a teacher?
- You love outdoor education
- You are looking to expand your career experiences and develop a diverse tool kit
- You embrace feedback. It’s the breakfast of champions!
- You find ambiguity exhilarating, not frustrating
- You welcome flexibility in your schedule. You expect long hours during peak program delivery season
- You have decent access to a well-connected US airport. It’s hard to get to our clients from Podunk. You should be able to reach clients in major cities with non-stop flights
- You are a team player. Nobody does this alone.
- This is a remote position.
Rustic Pathways is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons and maintaining a work environment that is free of harassment and discriminatory conduct. All employment decisions at Rustic Pathways are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Rustic Pathways takes all allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation very seriously and will promptly conduct an investigation when warranted.
Each employee of Rustic Pathways is employed “at will,” which means either the Company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any or no reason, with or without advanced notice. No individual or representative of the Rustic Pathways can change this at-will relationship absent a specific, written contract signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer or designee.