Customer Experience Manager
- Full Time
- Rustic Pathways
- Mid Level
About the Company
Rustic Pathways is a student travel organization offering the world's finest experiential education, community service, and adventure programs. Our experiences range from kava ceremonies in Fiji to zip lining through the rainforest canopies of Costa Rica, from building schools in rural Tanzanian villages to scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef. We empower students through innovative and responsible travel experiences to positively impact lives and communities around the world.
What You’ll Do:
Rustic Pathways seeks to hire a Customer Experience Manager (CEM). The CEM will lead our Student Engagement Team. The Student Engagement team is the heart of Rustic Pathways.
We understand student and family needs and then we deliver. We take ownership when we’ve made mistakes. We operate with integrity and transparency. We see every moment as an opportunity to build an even stronger relationship for the future.
You’ll manage a team of seasoned and experienced professionals. There is a high level of collaboration, cooperation, and trust. The team relies on collective ingenuity and problem-solving skills to find solutions. You’ll maintain the collaborative culture we’ve built. You'll develop and grow your direct reports into a high-performing team.
There is seasonality to this role – during peak season, we move fast! You will be supporting your team and our guests. During low season, you’ll work on projects impacting quality across Rustic Pathways.
This role is collaborative - you’ll work with every manager and department to manage issues. You’ll work with Rustic Pathways to drive quality for our guests. You'll voice escalated events. You’ll partner with teams to make improvements to the experience.
Who You Are:
- You are confident and assertive.
- You maintain composure when dealing with strong personalities. You understand and have compassion for both sides of a disagreement;
- You find common ground.
- You see opportunities in challenging conversations.
- You welcome feedback.
- You know you can learn from our guests.
- You are good-humored and unshakable.
What You’ll Need:
- Customer Service background and core service ethic
- 2+ years' experience building and managing high-performing, customer-facing teams
- Excellent written and verbal articulation – professional yet warm, brief when needed
- Leadership - you inspire confidence and motivate others
- Feedback-oriented teamwork - gifted at delivering and receiving feedback
- Fairness, balanced empathy, patience, and good-humor
- Sensitive to tone and responsive to nuance in feedback
- Empathy and high service ethic
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting
- Experience with seasonal staffing and peak service periods
- Sales and/or business development experience
- Experience with customer support and/or account management functions
- Conflict resolution or coaching background
Work and Environmental Conditions:
This position is remote. Wherever you want to be is where you are!!
Why Rustic Pathways:
- At Rustic Pathways, we value every single member of our team. We’re proud to offer a dynamic work environment that enables growth. Your co-workers will be some of the most dedicated, competent, active, and fun people you will ever meet.
- No matter what you do you will be part of something that makes us all proud. On top of all that, we have some pretty great benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, and plus time off to go on Rustic Pathways trips!
- Outdoor industry discounts and deals
Rustic Pathways is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity. We have committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Rustic Pathways is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons and maintaining a work environment that is free of harassment and discriminatory conduct. All employment decisions at Rustic Pathways are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Rustic Pathways takes all allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation very seriously and will promptly conduct an investigation when warranted.
Each employee of Rustic Pathways is employed “at will,” which means either the Company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any or no reason, with or without advanced notice. No individual or representative of the Rustic Pathways can change this at-will relationship absent a specific, written contract signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer or designee.