Sales Development Representative - Group Travel
About the Company:
Rustic Pathways is a student travel organization offering the world's finest experiential education, community service, and adventure programs. Students from more than 35 countries trust Rustic Pathways to deliver life-altering, deeply personal programs at scale. Our experiences range from homestays in Fiji to zip-lining through the rainforest canopies of Costa Rica, from building schools in rural Tanzanian villages to scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef.
At Rustic Pathways, we empower students to positively impact lives and communities around the world.
What's the Job?
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) position is an entry-level role for those looking to learn sales skills through fast-paced prospecting from your remote location. You will partner with an Account Executive in our Group Travel product line to prospect and engage leads from your assigned sales territories, filling your Account Executives pipeline with hot leads to close. In this role you will feed our growth engine, directly impacting our success as a company and our achievement of mission and vision. You will learn how to qualify, prospect, engage, and network with leads via phone and email, ultimately leading to a “Yes! I’m interested!”
What will I be doing?
- Call, text, and email leads in our database
- Deliver high quality leads to your Account Executive to nurture and close
- Partner with your Account Executive to ensure quality and quantity of leads performs against KPIs
- Data mine and populate lead information from online and phone sources
- Update and maintain meticulous and accurate records in our CRM
- Embody Rustic Pathways mission, vision, and values
- Employ your creativity and intellect to find new opportunities for company growth
- Represent the company as a respectful and knowledgeable ambassador of our teams around the world
- Other duties as assigned
Is this the right fit for me?
If the following sounds like you, then you’re in the right place. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience with some college.
- 1+ years of promotions, sales, student leadership, fundraising, recruitment, and/or travel experience preferred
- Phone Warrior - you have the stamina to call and email all day. You understand the impact even one more call can make.
- Persistent personality with kind and education focused tone
- Self Driven. A remote workspace means you can really focus and get the job done.
- Personal experience in student travel as student or leader, or similar cross-cultural experience
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for experiential education and travel for high school students
- Eager to learn from colleagues, a team player with a competitive edge
- Interested in a fast-paced, rapidly developing role with opportunity for growth and ownership
- Proficient with Google Suite, and able to rapidly learn and leverage software to meet business expectations. Experience with Salesforce a plus, but not required.
- Professional working proficiency in English. Additional languages (especially Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, or French) are a plus
- Eligibility to work legally in the US
We are a well-loved team with great benefits. If there is something that matters a lot to you that’s not on this list, please send us a note :)
- Competitive compensation in a fast-growing company
- 401k & match up to 2%
- Peace of mind with life insurance assurance, as well as comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- A generous vacation policy and lots of holidays so you can take time off when you need it
The pay range for this position is $20.00 - $24.00 per hour depending on experience.
Location & Travel
This is a remote position, with 1-4 weeks of travel per year for company trainings, familiarization trips to our programs, etc. Your work schedule will align with school hours in your assigned territory. From time to time you may be asked to log non-traditional business hours to accommodate international time zones.
Rustic Pathways is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons and maintaining a work environment that is free of harassment and discriminatory conduct. All employment decisions at Rustic Pathways are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Rustic Pathways takes all allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation very seriously and will promptly conduct an investigation when warranted.
Each employee of Rustic Pathways is employed “at will,” which means either the Company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any or no reason, with or without advanced notice. No individual or representative of the Rustic Pathways can change this at-will relationship absent a specific, written contract signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer or designee.