Program Manager - Group Travel
About the Company:
Rustic Pathways is a student travel organization offering the world's finest experiential education, community service, and adventure programs. Students from more than 35 countries trust Rustic Pathways to deliver life-altering, deeply personal programs at scale. Our experiences range from homestays in Fiji to zip-lining through the rainforest canopies of Costa Rica, from building schools in rural Tanzanian villages to scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef.
At Rustic Pathways, we empower students to positively impact lives and communities around the world.
What's the Job?
Group Travel Program Managers work directly with our clients, team members, program operators, vendors, and program leaders to ensure we meet and exceed our clients’ expectations before and during travel. Program Managers are the front-lines communicator with our primary client audience (educators), and facilitate the flow of information between our clients to the internal stakeholders and operational partners who rely on this information to provide the exceptional travel experience we’re known for. You are the glue that holds the experience together. Your superpower is understanding what’s important to others, and making sure they get it.
What will I be doing?
- Schedule, facilitate, and attend client meetings and presentations.
- Create, update, and maintain client-facing digital materials (ex. webpages, presentations, documents)
- Seek out and manage client expectations.
- Deliver on action items coming out of client conversations, meetings, and emails.
- Provide fast and frequent information to clients about their program and logistics.
- Provide fast and frequent information to program operation partners about our clients’ needs and expectations.
- Manage program and flight reservations
- Maintain flight and program budgets, meet defined cost and profit metrics
- Ensure programs are executed smoothly, and consistent with Rustic Pathways’ program standards.
- Assist with the management of local and non-local program leaders to deliver programs that meet Rustic Pathways activity standards, quality/satisfaction metrics, and student learning goals
- Research alternate options/provide recommendations on itinerary changes when programs do not meet financial or client satisfaction goals
- Incident response as required for programs in the field
- Meticulously maintain records in our CRM
- Manage internal communications and timing of action items across departments
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Is this the right fit for me?
If the following sounds like you, then you’re in the right place. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Experience managing travel (personally or professionally), and all the ups and downs that come with.
- Highly detail oriented - able to identify and correct discrepancies within a single source, and across multiple sources.
- Comfortable and fast with phone communication, video communication, and written communication.
- Fast learner
- Ability to iterate or employ problem solving skills to improve processes or overcome obstacles
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment working on various projects at the same time
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to move tasks forward
- Good judgment, communication, and diplomacy.
- Great ability to work in directed and self-directed environments
- Highly likable, a great team player
- A deep, unyielding desire to deliver for clients
- Seeks feedback and learns from responses
- BA/BS required
- 3-5 years of administrative, travel management, or client relationship experience required
- Proficient with Google Suite, and able to rapidly learn and leverage software to meet business expectations. Experience with Salesforce a plus, but not required.
- Professional working proficiency in English. Additional languages (especially Spanish, French, Arabic, or Mandarin) are a plus
- Eligibility to work legally in the US
We are a well-loved team with great benefits. If there is something that matters a lot to you that’s not on this list, please send us a note :)
- Competitive compensation in a fast-growing company
- 401k & match up to 2%
- Peace of mind with life insurance assurance, as well as comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- A generous vacation policy and lots of holidays so you can take time off when you need it
The pay range for this position is $22.00 - $28.00 per hour depending on experience.
Location & Travel
This is a remote “desk job” position, with 1 to 6 weeks of travel per quarter for on-site program management in our travel destinations, or for company training, familiarization trips to our programs, etc. When working from your home location, your work schedule will align with school hours in your assigned client base. From time to time you may be asked to log non-traditional business hours to accommodate international time zones.
Rustic Pathways is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons and maintaining a work environment that is free of harassment and discriminatory conduct. All employment decisions at Rustic Pathways are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Rustic Pathways takes all allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation very seriously and will promptly conduct an investigation when warranted.
Each employee of Rustic Pathways is employed “at will,” which means either the Company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any or no reason, with or without advanced notice. No individual or representative of the Rustic Pathways can change this at-will relationship absent a specific, written contract signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer or designee.