Brand Ambassador - Chicago, IL area
Rustic Pathways is a student travel organization that offers the world's finest experiential education, community service, foreign language, and adventure programs. Our destinations stretch from the white-sand beaches of Fiji to the rainforest canopies of Costa Rica, the high Atlas mountains to the Great Barrier Reef, and many places in between. We provide superior quality travel and service in some of the most welcoming countries for students around the world. Rustic Pathways demands professionalism and integrity across all of our operations, insists on quality in all aspects of our programs, and places a strong emphasis on the protection, safety, and well-being of our students and staff. We empower students through innovative and responsible travel experiences to positively impact lives and communities around the world.
Brand Ambassador at Rustic Pathways
The Brand Ambassador is responsible for generating referrals and enrollments for the Chicago, Illinois area by building relationships with schools, clubs and local student organizations. The goals are to plan and execute activities of calling, emailing and various types of in-person visits to seek new contacts, build relationships and generate student referrals from teachers, staff and parents for Rustic Pathways.
This is a seasonal position with a tentative start date of 1/3/2023 and end date of 4/14/2023.
Top performers will receive a bonus in the form of a free flight to anywhere in the world.
- Call on schools, clubs, teams, and local organizations to provide education to teachers, counselors, coaches, staff, students and families about Rustic Pathways programs and initiatives.
- Provide up to date materials, information and literature to the Rustic Pathways network.
- Conduct in-service presentations or discussions with groups.
- Represent Rustic Pathways at fairs, conferences and exhibitions.
- Maintain and develop a sales region and portfolio of schools, organizations, and contacts efficiently and effectively via phone calls, emails & in-person visits.
- Maintain a current and accurate database of relevant contacts within your territory. Continue to expand it with online & offline research and networking.
- Complete all reports by the time/date specified.
- Represent Rustic Pathways professionally and ethically.
- Establish the benefits for Rustic Pathways within the areas.
- Function as part of the Rustic Pathways marketing & sales teams via training and meetings as necessary.
- Establish and maintain long-term, in-person relationships with schools.
- Generate leads, sales and find new opportunities for growth.
- This position will require regular travel to schools and organizations in the area.
- Years of Experience: 1-3 years of relevant sales experience and 1-3 years and/or relevant student leadership & travel experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, Travel & Tourism, Business, Non-Profit Management, or other related field, or equivalent work experience with some college.
- Travel, leadership, and/or education with high school students
- Professional working proficiency in English and additional languages are a plus
- Valid driver’s license and eligibility to work legally in the US
- Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities :
- Travel, learning, education, and/or sales background
- Personal experience in student travel as student or leader
- Passion for international travel
- Appreciation of diversity in cultures and experiences
- Understanding of the value of experiential education and travel for high school students
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible personality
- Eager to learn from colleagues
- Enjoys open collaboration and teamwork
- Interested in a fast-paced, rapidly developing role with opportunity for growth and ownership
Chicago, Illinois area
Rustic Pathways is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons and maintaining a work environment that is free of harassment and discriminatory conduct. All employment decisions at Rustic Pathways are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Rustic Pathways takes all allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation very seriously and will promptly conduct an investigation when warranted.
Each employee of Rustic Pathways is employed “at will,” which means either the Company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any or no reason, with or without advanced notice. No individual or representative of the Rustic Pathways can change this at-will relationship absent a specific, written contract signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer or designee.