Australia Sales and Group Travel Coordinator
Rustic Pathways is an educational travel organisation specialising in experiential education, community service and adventure. We empower students through innovative and responsible travel experiences to positively impact lives and communities around the world. Our Melbourne office is seeking a full-time employee to join our dynamic team in Australia.
Preferred start date is Monday 18th February, 2019. This is a full-time position based in Australia.
You are a talented individual that is hungry to drive business growth in Australia. Your role as Sales Coordinator is to build and maintain a portfolio of group clients (schools and universities). Our sales strategy is relational selling with the view of creating long-term, sustainable partnerships with educational organisations. Sales will involve reaching out to teachers, schools, universities and contacts within your territory, visiting schools, meeting with educators, delivering presentations, and attending events to promote Rustic Pathways. Integrity, excellence and humility are three of your core values, which complement your professionalism and passion for Rustic Pathways.
You will also be given a portfolio of existing clients to manage as Group Travel Coordinator. This will involve supporting each school with their individual needs, organising the pre- and post-travel phases of their experience, presenting to parents, and working across our global team to coordinate their travels.
You will work closely within our sales team and will be expected to contribute to strategic planning and business development.
- Exemplar of our mission, vision, and values
- Pro-active communicator and problem-solver
- High energy and adventurous yet safety oriented
- Detail-oriented with high levels of accuracy in everything you do
- Passionate about experiential education and service-learning for youth
- Team oriented with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Coachable and willing to learn
- Flexible and willing to travel
- Embody Rustic Pathways’ mission, vision, and values
- Act as a role model and mentor to students
- Demonstrate responsible leadership and judgment
- Attend expos and other marketing events to promote Rustic Pathways
- Drive the Rustic Pathways Coffee Van and make coffee at events and functions
- Expand your portfolio of school clients through building relationships with teachers
- Lead generation through marketing, emails, phone calls and networking
- Travel within your allocated territory for meetings and presentations onsite at schools for Principals, Head of Senior Schools, teachers, parents and students.
- Assessing and understanding clients’ needs and designing innovative travel programs that support the education of their students
- Deliver presentations to groups of students and parents
- Manage pre- and post- trip elements of the client experience, including communication with the global country management teams to ensure a seamless client experience
- Support your client’s needs before, during, and after their travels
- Reporting to management on KPI's, sales targets and revenue
- Reporting on market insights and the competitive landscape
- Maintaining sales workbooks/databases and recording communication with clients/leads
- Contribute to strategic planning and business development
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university OR equivalent work experience
- Sales experience preferred but not essential
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in service learning, tourism, outdoor leadership, youth mentorship, or experiential education.
- At least 2 years of experience working with young adults and/or adolescents.
- At least 6 months of experience living and/or working in an international, multicultural, or cross-cultural environment.
- Eligible to legally reside and work in Australia permanently
- Must be 25 years of age or older by 1st February, 2019
- Demonstrated maturity and leadership skills.
- Professional working proficiency in English.
- Preferred Certifications (including but not limited to):
- Wilderness First Responder and CPR
- Ocean Lifeguard
- Teaching qualifications
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Appreciation for diversity in cultures and experiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient, enthusiastic, analytical, flexible, and solution-oriented
- Passion for discussion-based learning and helping students make meaning of their experiences
- Understands the value of experiential education and travel for high school students
- Eager to learn from colleagues and enjoys open collaboration and teamwork
- Able to maintain excellence under pressure and ever-changing conditions
Melbourne or Mornington Peninsula, VIC, Australia.
Flexible working arrangements for the right candidate, including the opportunity to work from home interstate (NSW or ACT) with domestic travel as required.
4 weeks annual leave with time in lieu in accordance with our leave policies.
Rustic Pathways is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Each employee of Rustic Pathways is employed “at will,” which means either the Company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any or no reason, with or without advanced notice. No individual or representative of the Rustic Pathways can change this at-will relationship absent a specific, written contract signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer or designee.
Expressions of Interest and Inquiries
Please email all enquiries to Sam Murray (Director - Australia) at email@example.com.
Application deadline: January 31st, 2019