Personal Travel Advisor
- Full Time
- Rustic Pathways
- Mid Level
The Personal Travel Advisor (PTA) is the primary relationship holder with Rustic Pathways’ clients and instrumental in developing and maintaining respectful, friendly, and loyal client relationships. As the client’s single point of contact, you drive a high-touch, high need, customer-centric experience in every aspect of Rustic’s services by applying your command of operational knowledge and ability to empathize with your client’s needs, interests, and wishes. In this role, you will take ownership of fulfilling your client’s needs; finding creative ways to orchestrate solutions to new problems; helping clients travel safely; and ensuring positive outcomes that satisfy both the student and parent. You achieve this by leading your client through the entire enrollment, onboarding, forms collection, flight scheduling, pre-travel preparation and payment processes while actively listening, empathizing, and being as helpful as possible in addressing any need and concern.
At Rustic Pathways, you, the PTA, are the voice of the customer and the advocate for the customer experience; driving policy and process improvements for customer touch points throughout the broader organization.
What You Do:
- Support students’ and families’ and anticipate needs before, during, and after their trips.
- Build constructive, helpful, respectful, and friendly relationships with students and families globally.
- Provide advice on program selection, country destinations, air travel, and accommodations in country.
- Process student applications and onboard students for travel.
- Collect and process forms and passports; and educate the client on required eVisas
- Deal with occurring travel issues and complaints with a positive attitude and solution-oriented responses. Calm nervous parents and students.
- Meticulously update client relationship management system with client interactions and updates.
- Assist sales teams with calling campaigns and financial team with collections outreach.
- Participate in on-call schedule or augmented travel season schedule changes.
What We Look For:
- 3+ years of customer service, client relations, or telemarketing experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing and prioritizing tasks in a professional environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a high pressure, high demand, and fast-paced growth environment.
- Multitasking and working with a large client base
- High comfort level with business to client service.
- A teamwork mindset with a willingness to help other members
- Proven relationship building skills.
- Problem solving and solutions negotiation.
- An open, people-focused mindset
- Adaptability to change and tolerance for ambiguity
- A desire to continually learn new things
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps, and Salesforce.
- Experience traveling internationally.
Work and Environmental Conditions:
This position is remote. Wherever you want to be is where you are!!
Rustic Pathways is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons and maintaining a work environment that is free of harassment and discriminatory conduct. All employment decisions at Rustic Pathways are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Rustic Pathways takes all allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation very seriously and will promptly conduct an investigation when warranted.
Each employee of Rustic Pathways is employed “at will,” which means either the Company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any or no reason, with or without advanced notice. No individual or representative of the Rustic Pathways can change this at-will relationship absent a specific, written contract signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer or designee.